Mclain Companies - Lafayette, LA
The Cottage at East Broussard
Mclain Companies is seeking an Assistant Property Manager & Leasing Specialist.
The Assistant Manager is an integral part of our Exclusive Membership Living management team, to the success of the property, and exceptional services provided to our residents.
The Assistant Property Manager, under the direction of the Property Manager, is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the Exclusive Membership Living community operations and to act as main point of contact in the absence of the Property Manager.
The right candidate must be a team player with a positive can-do attitude.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Responsible for understanding Exclusive Membership living concept.
- • Assists the Property Manager (PM) with all on-site property operations.
- • Maintains an in-depth, ongoing knowledge of the local rental and leasing market.
- • Monitor and direct on-site marketing activities.
- • Assists in the timely collection & posting of rents,.
- • Assists with documentation of all leasing transactions and preparation of all reporting documentation.
- • Ensures tenant renewals are being captured at the highest rate possible.
- • Responsible for building and maintaining a resident relations program.
- • Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- • Assist with overseeing proper cleanliness and maintenance of the club house and pool.
- • Assist with monitoring and reporting micro market management and rotation of goods.
- • Assist with keeping coffee bar stocked, cleaned and in proper order.
- • Assit with daily janitorial needs on the property.
- • Participate in continuing education provided by Mclain Companies LLC as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
The position requires the ability to communicate effectively with people and present a positive, professional image. In addition the position requires the following:
- • High school diploma
- • 1+ years’ experience in leasing or multi-family housing
- • Must have competant computer skills with Word, Excell, Outlook, & other Microsoft programs.
- • Experience with leasing software ONESITE preferred
- • Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations applicable to leasing and multi family housing.
- • Ability to engage in daily property management operations.
- • Must have full knowledge of the principles, policies and procedures of fair housing regulations
- • Must have a valid driver’s license & personal transportation.
- • Strong time management skills
- • Professional image
Compensation & Benefits:
- • Salary based on a 40 hour week
- • Commissions on new leases
- • Holiday Paid Time in accordance with the McLain Companies, LLC Policy and Proceedure Manual
- • Group Medical Insurance available for employee participation (Employee pays)
- • Housing Discounts available in certain situations
If interested in this position, please forward your resume and salary expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
McLain Companies, LLC